Well. Max is full term.
I had my weekly visit today and it turned into quite the ordeal. I told the Dr. about the extreme fatigue that has really been bothering me all week. He of course said it could be just from normal stress on my body due to the pregnancy. He wanted to make sure I wasn't having issues with my thyroid or anemia though so he sent me in for blood work. Which all turned out normal thankfully.
During the appointment he also said that he was concerned with Max's heart rate today. So to be safe he wanted me to go in for a non stress test. His nurse scheduled the appointment for me at 1pm. I left to go pick up Seth and I got back to the hospital for the test. They checked the amniotic fluid and said in order to pass I needed between a 10-26. I got a 14. Then to pass the heart rate monitor I needed to be between 120-160 with a few spikes to show he was getting enough oxygen. Well, his heart rate was all over the place. He would drop to a 110 then shoot up over 180. It didn't stay at a consistent rate at all. So we failed the NST.
They did a biophysical test which consisted of more ultra sound images. It was nice to see my little guy but I was too stressed at this point to really enjoy it. He had the movement the tech was looking for but I guess the heart rate was still worrying them so they told me I was to go down to labor and delivery for continuous monitoring. By this point I was super hungry so Seth and I went to the cafeteria to grab a bite before checking in at L&D. When I got to the L&D unit they took us back to a delivery suite and set me up. This surprised Seth and I because usually they do the monitoring in the triage room. I think we both felt a little uneasy about being in that room.
Earlier in my Dr's office my Dr. decided to tell me that he thinks my pelvis is too small for a normal vaginal delivery. I have a massive eye rolling reaction to that news. It really bothered me because up until this week he has been so amazing when it comes to my natural birth plan. Now he is telling me that he thinks I can't do it?! So the whole ordeal today after hearing that news made Seth and I both feel worried that we were going to be told we had to get the baby out. Thankfully Max's heart rate finally settled into a normal pattern and we were released. I'm still sort of on edge about the whole situation and don't know how to feel. I really don't feel up to finding a new OB. I have an appointment tomorrow night with my lovely doula and hopefully she will have some insight for me.
Until then... happy full term baby day to me!
a new blog
14 years ago
1 comments:
Sorry to hear today was so stressful but im glad that all turned out all right with Maxs heartrate! I know you had to be worried! I hope you get to have your natural birth but in the end as long as you get to hold your baby boy in your arms I know you will be so happy. I ended up with a csection but it was still so amazing! Good luck and happy full term!
Post a Comment