I've spent the last couple of days researching, reading, and seeking advice. I feel much better about the little seedlings of doubt I was starting to get regarding my ability to birth this baby. I had a meeting last night with my doula and she feels it isn't necessary to change practitioners at this point. Her advice was to file it, put it in the back of my mind, and keep preparing for the birth that I want. She made a good point in that Utah has a 95% epidural rate. This means its a very good possibility that the other women he encountered with a "narrow/small" pelvis had an epidural thus making it impossible to get up and off of their backs. Being on your back will put your pelvis in the most narrow position. Getting on all fours or squatting can open your pelvis by 30% making it a wider space to fit baby!
We also went over some findings that state there really is no way for a physician to say with any certainty how narrow my pelvis is. He would have to have had measurements and xrays prior to my becoming pregnant. He is just making a medical opinion based on his previous experiences. So I feel better. I have decided to take this news as more ammo to my resolve to decline an epidural. The longer I stay off of my back the better chances I have to do this my way and on my terms. Max is in anterior position so as long as he stays that way things are looking good.
19 days left!! We are in the teen numbers? WooooHoooo!
a new blog
14 years ago
1 comments:
Glad things are looking up! YOU CAN DO IT!
Post a Comment