The last couple weeks have been rough. I am getting more uncomfortable and more impatient. So I've just been sitting here... waiting to have a baby. Last night I realized I need to chill out and let my body do its thing. I seem to have forgotten everything I learned in my hypnobirthing class. I thought that since I was progressing there was NO WAY I was going to make it to my due date. Right? Well, so far that appears to be wrong. My EDD is 7 days away and chances are I will make it to and maybe even past that date. I need to be okay with that, relax, and stop focusing on a date. My body is contracting and making obvious preparations to have a baby. I will have this baby soon so I should probably get some final things together as opposed to focusing so much on when.
One of the things that I told myself to remember from our HB class was to stop putting a "date" on our baby. If people ask when you are due I was supposed to train my mind to say "My baby will come when it's ready. But we are sometime in the beginning of October." This due date thing has had me going crazy. Sure I am uncomfortable and that makes it hard to stop wishing he would get here already but I need to relax. I was telling Seth last night that this is it. The home stretch so to speak. I plan on using this week to relax and enjoy my time alone. I won't have much time to myself for a while after Max gets here. So why am I so anxious to give that up!? I am going to read, take long baths, go for walks with my dogs, scrapbook, visit with family and friends, and just take in these last glorious moments before he comes.
So, that is my new mission. Relaxation. Chill mama. Chill!
a new blog
14 years ago
1 comments:
What a great attitude! I hope you can rest and relax and enjoy the last few days to yourself! :) Such an exciting time and once Max is here you will wonder where all that time went, or at least that's how I felt. It will feel as if he's always been with you.
Post a Comment