Tuesday, March 8, 2011

♥ 5 months ♥

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a 5 month old child. A 5 month old!


The biggest update is that last night my little guy started giggling. We've gotten a few here and there from him. But last night was a good one!! I was holding him while Seth was in the kitchen. I ran up to Seth and told Max "lets get Daddy!" I started making Max kick at Seth. Seth was pretending it hurt and Max was giggling so much!! It was so cute. My heart swelled 10 sizes.

He still amazes me everyday. Watching him learn and develop is so exciting. I just can't wait to see what he does next. He is starting to get up on his feet and stick his little butt in the air. I think we are going to have a crawler soon. He hasn't quite figured out he needs to lift up with his arms as well. Once he does we are going to be in trouble! Max just seems so interested in everything. Sometimes I get the feeling he just wants to be all over the house and gets frustrated that he can't get there. He is motivated to be on the go! So I have a feeling we will have a crawler pretty quick. Right now he sort of pushes himself or rolls to get things he wants.

Max has developed his hand eye coordination a lot this past month. He has started grabbing his binky to put it in his mouth. If he sees something he can grab it. He LOVES to grab his toes. Of course those go in his mouth often as well. EVERYTHING goes in his mouth right now so we have to be careful.



Max also got his first haircut this past weekend! His hair was getting out of control so we gave him a mohawk. haha. This kid is just seriously too cute.



We started rice cereal this month. At our 4 month appointment Dr. Wall gave us the green light so we started slow. He seems to like it so far. We haven't given too much yet but every now and then we give it to him after his bottle.


THIS MONTH!

Max likes:

*being talked to
*watching us go about our day.
*eating
*smiling
*talking/razzing
*sucking on his hands
*grabbing things
*baths
*rolling

Max doesn't like:

*getting stuck on his tummy for too long
*sleeping. I get the feeling he takes naps for everyone but me. I had him home with me yesterday and he only takes small power naps. This makes Mommy sad.

I think I may need to start sleep training but it's a daunting task to me because I'm not with him during the day. Any suggestions on sleep training are welcome! He is sleeping through the night so I don't want to mess that up. Do I just have to deal with a cat napping baby? Or should he be taking longer naps?

Other then that, we are all happy and healthy. In love! We are just so in love.


2 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff

He probably just wants to be awake and spend time with his Mama, so that's why he doesn't nap for you! :)

We can talk sleep training if you want. I think he's doing pretty well if he's sleeping through the nite, and he *usually* naps pretty well during the day. It doesn't hurt to have a plan for how you want to deal with the cat naps. Both of my girls cat napped for the first four months of their lives, but I just decided how I wanted to deal with it and they figured it out. Babies can learn, and usually pretty quickly! It's all about consistency!

He's such a cute little guy, I wanna hear this giggle!

Bensons

He is seriously such a cutie!! I can't believe he is 5 months old! I'm glad that things are going so well for your little fam! :)

Post a Comment