Monday, March 29, 2010

.:what goes in... must come out!?:.

But how!?

Natural vs. Medicated Birth

I have been doing a lot of thinking and research on the issue and have found that my heart truly believes in a natural un-medicated birth. This freaks me out a little bit because I have ALWAYS been the girl who cries over a paper cut. But the more research I do on the matter the more I find myself gravitating towards a natural child birth.

I get mixed reactions when I talk to people regarding natural birth. Mostly I get "why would you want to feel it if you don't have to!?" or just looks of confusion. But every once in a while I will get an excited look and get to hear from a woman who has done it and feels that she 1000% made the right decision! I have yet to hear a woman who has had a natural child birth recount her story with regret or sadness.

So here I am, trying to prepare my mind and body for the unknown. Sure I have questions that make me nervous. Will I really be able to handle the pain!? How long will I have to be in labor with absolutely no pain meds!? Can I do this!? and the answer is. I can! I can do anything I prepare my mind and body to do. I think that I'm probably still in the grey area with this decision. So, I am going to prepare for a natural child birth but I will also never say never. I want all of my options open and waiting for me when I am in labor. I don't want to end up begging for an epidural feeling like I failed. So there I am. Planning for the ideal...but preparing for the unknown. This is my child and birth and whatever happens in that room... at the end of it all I will have a beautiful baby.

So here are my pregnancy affirmations:
My body is beautiful and strong.
I am and will be a good parent to my child.
Pregnancy is natural, normal, healthy, and safe for my baby and me.
My body knows how to give birth and I will let it.
Contractions help my baby be born.
Strong contractions are good ones.
I am strong and relaxed. My baby feels my calmness and shares it.
I put all fear aside as I prepare for the birth of my baby.
I am focused on a smooth birth.
I trust my body and I follow its lead.
I feel confident; I feel safe; I feel secure.
When my baby is ready, labor will begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment